Summer Continuity of Learning
FCPS school buildings will remain closed through the end of July. Therefore, we will continue to provide recommended distance learning opportunities for students throughout the summer. Your students will have access to skill practice through the iReady digital lessons through the FCPS public Universal Screener website. Students will need to enter their FCPS login credentials to access these resources. These digital activities will be available until Friday, July 31st.
Additionally, students currently in grades K-6 will receive both a Mathematics and a Language Arts Essentials Summer Practice Book in the mail by the end of June. Digital versions of the books will also be posted on the Continuity of Learning Blackboard page (login required). These books will provide recommended practice activities for students to review essential content from the 2019-2020 school year. They are not intended to preview content from next year’s grade level but rather reinforce essential learning from this past year.
As students access these activities from June 29 to July 31, they will have the opportunity to attend one virtual office hour each week with one of our own outstanding staff members. The schedule is as follows:
- Kindergarten with Mrs. Pells: Mondays 9:30 am-10:30 am
- Grade 1 with Mrs. Kuhn: Wednesdays 12:00 noon-1:00 pm
- Grade 2 with Mrs. Sorgi: Tuesdays from 11:00 am - 12:00 noon
- Grade 3 with Ms. Lenowicz: Mondays 9:30 am-10:30 am
- Grade 4 with Ms. Mostoller: Wednesdays 10:00 am -11:00 am
- Grade 5 with Ms. Vans: Tuesdays 10:00 am-11:00 am
- Grade 6 with Ms. McDonald: Wednesdays 10:00 am-11:00 am
- Special Education with Ms. Brown: Wednesdays 11:00 am-12:00 noon
- English Language Development with Mrs. Kelly: Tuesdays 9:00 am-10:00 am
To register your student for office hours and receive a secure link, please complete this Google Form: Haycock Continuity of Learning. Once registered, your child will receive log-in information via their FCPS Google email address prior to the first session. If you opted out of receiving paper copies of the assignments, you probably want to rescind that request. The Language Arts and Math workbooks are over 40 pages each.